WELCOME TO THE SOCIAL INNOVATORS ACADEMY ONLINE MODULE 1:
Intro to Social Entrepreneurship!
Welcome to Social Innovators Academy Online – Module one provides tools and resources to help you start your social entrepreneurship journey. Throughout this module, you will learn what makes someone a social entrepreneur!
The goals of this lesson are to introduce students to Social Entrepreneurship, to clarify the difference between Social Entrepreneurship and Profit-Oriented Entrepreneurship, and to get students to explore who they are in the process.
By the end of this workshop, students will:
- Have a firm understanding of what Social Entrepreneurship is, and how you are, or are becoming, social entrepreneurs.
- Understand how a social entrepreneur is a “change agent” who uses the business model to generate a social good and how this might look.
- Be able to practice the behavior of consistently reflecting on one’s audience to ensure that the work being done is in the best interest of those it is meant to help.
Included In This Lesson
“Just what does a Social Entrepreneur Look like?” exercise
“Intro to Social Entrepreneurship” By Chris Allers formerly of the Georgia Center for NonProfits
Interview a Social Entrepreneur Activity:
Watch an interview with Chris or take the interview questions and complete an interview of your own.
“Just what does a Social Entrepreneur Look like?” exercise – Part 2
Lesson Quiz and POINT homework activity
This module is self guided. It is highly suggested that you complete each part of the module in order. It should take you approximately an hour and a half to complete this module from start to finish.
- There are a number of items throughout this module that need to be downloaded. It is best that you have access to a printer and/or are able to use a document editor like Adobe to write on the documents digitally.
- This module is recommended for the beginning of a participant’s journey.
- In order to receive credit for this module you must receive a 75% or better on the quiz and you must turn in your completed POINT work on the online platform