WELCOME TO THE SOCIAL INNOVATORS ACADEMY ONLINE MODULE 6:
BRANDING AND MARKETING!
Welcome to Social Innovators Academy Online – Module six provides tools and resources to help you better understand Branding and Marketing. Throughout this module, you will gain the insight and skills needed to build a brand that will help you get recognized by others.
The purpose of this lesson is to teach you how to effectively communicate and market your project, what makes a company/person a good marketer, and how to build brand loyalty so that people support your project long-term.
By the end of this workshop, students will:
- Understand that the effort you make to build a relationship with someone who is interested in your project idea matters more than the first time you meet them.
- Be more confident in your ability to nurture relationships through marketing tools that help to move someone from a donor or partner to a passionate fan.
- Be able to recognize who your audience is and confidently choose what marketing outlet works best to engage the audience you are looking to connect with.
Included In This Lesson
“Pitch your favorite Artist!” exercise
“Branding and Marketing: How to Market Like a Rockstar” By Tai Anderson formerly of the band Third Day and current Marketing Director for Supreme Lending.
Review a company:
“Review a Company: How Do They Market Like a Rockstar?”
Create a logo, Write your brand’s mission statement
POINT homework activity
This module is self guided. It is highly suggested that you complete each part of the module in order. It should take you approximately an hour and a half to complete this module from start to finish.
- There are a number of items throughout this module that need to be downloaded. It is best that you have access to a printer and/or are able to use a document editor like Adobe to write on the documents digitally.
- This module is recommended for students who have already completed all of the modules up to Media and Storytelling.
- In order to receive credit for this module, you must receive a 75% or better on the quiz and you must turn in your completed POINT work on the online platform