WELCOME TO THE SOCIAL INNOVATORS ACADEMY ONLINE MODULE 8:
Welcome to Social Innovators Academy Online – Module eight provides tools and resources to help you meet new people in known and unknown places. Throughout this module, you will gain the insight and skills needed to network with others in support of your work.
The goals of this lesson are to help students to understanding the different forms of communication based on their audience and how to build rapport with their audience (individual or group).
By the end of this workshop, students will:
- Feel confident and comfortable when speaking and being with people regardless of the purpose of the conversation.
- Be more comfortable speaking from you passion and relaying important information in a networking setting in a clear and concise manner.
- Understand the tools and strategies of networking that are necessary to building lasting relationships and achieving entrepreneurial success.
- Understand how to use the skills and strategies of networking to help you successfully garner the support you need to impact the audience that your social enterprise is trying to help.
Included In This Lesson
“What kind of Networker are you?” exercise
“From Network to Net Wealth” By Dr. Rubina Malik a professor at Morehouse College
“Build a LinkedIn profile” task
“Meet three” – Networking practice
Lesson Quiz and POINT homework activity
This module is self guided. It is highly suggested that you complete each part of the module in order. It should take you approximately an hour and a half to complete this module from start to finish.
- There are a number of items throughout this module that need to be downloaded. It is best that you have access to a printer and/or are able to use a document editor like Adobe to write on the documents digitally.
- This module is recommended for participants who are well on in their project journey. Participants should complete this module after they’ve explored how to overcome adversity.
- In order to receive credit for this module you must receive a 75% or better on the quiz and you must turn in your completed POINT work on the online platform