WELCOME TO THE SOCIAL INNOVATORS ACADEMY ONLINE MODULE 9:
Life After the Academy!
Welcome to Social Innovators Academy Online – Module nine provides tools and resources to help you plan for the future. Throughout this module, you will reflect on the work you’ve accomplished and look towards the future!
The goal of this lesson is to introduce you to the key concepts needed to sustain your vision and work into the future.
By the end of this workshop, students will:
- Feel confident and comfortable about making a decision to continue your GPI project after the institute is over, or moving on to other things.
- Be more confident that if you decide to continue your work that you will be successful even if it may be difficult.
- Understand better what life is like outside the structure of the institute from the stories and experiences shared by GPI alums.
- Understand how proud you should be with the work that you were able to accomplish and how much your efforts help to make a difference in the world.
Included In This Lesson
“Me after the Academy…” exercise
“Alumni Panel” Listen to Alumni of the program as they share their experiences and offer suggestions for life after!
“Reflection Task: After the Academy I plan to…” exercise
Things you would like to learn more about
Additional ways to further your knowledge
This module is self guided. It is highly suggested that you complete each part of the module in order. It should take you approximately an hour to complete this module from start to finish.
- There are a few of items throughout this module that need to be downloaded. It is best that you have access to a printer and/or are able to use a document editor like Adobe to write on the documents digitally.
- This module is recommended for the end of a participant’s journey. Students should have mastered all of the subject matter up to this point.
- There is no quiz for this module, however, it is expected that you complete the survey at the end of this module to provide feedback and to share additional lessons that you would be interested in seeing in the future.